Andralyn is co-owner of Deflying Fitness and Deflying Feets (a toronto based circus company). She grew up as a competitive gymnast and found circus right after high school while pursuing stunts and acting. She has been performing for over 15 years in Icarian games, hand to hand, duo trapeze, solo trapeze, teeterboard, skyladder, and handbalancing. She studied at the National Institution of Circus Arts in Melbourne Australia. She continues to study multiple disciplines in San Francisco, Vancouver, Montreal, and Guadalajara. She has been teaching for over 20 years in gymnastics, rock climbing, circus, and fitness and loves seeing people achieve what they once thought was impossible.
In Melbourne, Australia September of 2007, Andralyn created a flexibility class geared towards increasing range of motion in people of all ages and abilities. Since then she has brought those classes to Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto Canada, as well as Albany New York. She provides certifications to help up and coming teachers who already possess some knowledge and interest in the subject of flexibility the opportunity to learn how to teach these classes for themselves.
Since the founding of Deflying Fitness in August of 2013 there are now opportunities to learn how to bring all of circus basics to your teachings and practice. She has created certifications that are nationally recognized for Flexibility, Handstands, Aerial Strength, and Acrobatic Fitness.
- FMT Blades Advanced
- FMT Blades
- Adaptive Body Work Level 1
- Agatsu Kettlebell Level 1
- Ecole Leotard
- Poliquin Instant Muscle Strengthening Techniques (East Greenwich, RI)
- Personal training certification PICP Level 2 Practical (East Greenwich, RI)
- Personal training certification PICP Level 2 Technical
- Personal training certification PICP Level 2 Theory
- Personal training certification PICP Level 1 Practical (Toronto, ON)
- Personal training certification PICP Level 1 Technical
- Personal training certification PICP Level 1 Theory
- Mongolian contortion – studied at The Circus Centre (San Francisco)
- Chinese contortion – studied at National Institute of Circus Arts (Melbourne)
- Diploma of Circus Arts
- Level 1 Climbing Instructor Certification
- Fitness Theory and Weight Training Certification
- NCCP Level 2 Gymnastics Coaching Certification
- NCCP Level 1 Trampoline Coaching Certification